Most webmasters don’t have any idea on the best way best to create a search engine friendly web site. If you’re one of them this will all change by following these steps below.
1. Research keywords – Before you begin to construct your web site you need to research your keywords or your site may get hurt in the short term. Use the keyword research tool, use Overture to research the most popular keywords which are associated with your website. Overture will show you how much traffic each keyword has got in the past 30 days.
2. Make a list of approximately 50 to 100 keywords which you can include in your web pages. After having completed the above research, you should have found the keywords that were searched on most frequently, but few competing sites.
3. Write a paragraph of at least 250, but better with 500 words of text to the top of every web page. Put your keywords in this text, but be careful as you can repeat your keywords to much and make sure that the paragraph makes sense with all those keywords, recall visitors are more important then the search engines.
4. Optimize meta tags – Meta tags have lost there touch with most search engines, but they still help! The most important meta tags are the keyword and description meta tags. Include your keywords within each of these meta tags. Your keyword meta tag should include the most often used keywords contained within your web page, but keep it brief to about 10 to 15.
5. Title Tag – The title tag is among the most effective on-site SEO at your disposal, so use it wisely. Place your most important keyword in the title near the beginning as posable, keep it brief and to the point.
6. Optimize your website size – Too many images or very large images on your web page will slow down your server and create slow loading times for your website. Slice large images into smaller pieces with a picture editors. Also to long of webpages and to much text is going to do the same.
7. Find backward links – Web sites that link to yours raise your link popularity. Look for web sites that are compatible with yours. Write articles that are related to your website and submit them to websites.